How am I doing on my goals, you ask? Not too bad. Eleven are completed. I think 6 are in progress. And like 7 could still be possibly done by the b-day. I think that’s better results than I’ve ever had in the past. I’m already working on the next list. It is going to be a 7 year list! And it’s going to be so awesome!
My 32nd Year Goals
1. Save $1000 – Surprisingly, this might just happen. I won’t know for sure until closer to time.
2. Donate blood – I totally did this! At the end of July, I gave blood for the first time. I didn’t even feel the needle go in. It was great…until I almost passed out at the end. It was so hot in there and I think with the blood draining from my body it got to be almost too much. But I survived. Not sure if I’ll do it again. Maybe?? Still waiting for my donor card so I can find out what my blood type is.
3. Read the entire Bible – So not going to happen. I hate to make excuses, but grad school was just a little overwhelming this spring (2 classes at once) and this summer (5 total with 2 weeks off having all 5 classes at the same time). It’s already on the next list.
4. Weigh 150 lbs. – I was hoping with all this free time I was going to have this summer that I could dedicate a lot of that time into getting into better shape. Guess what? I didn’t have any free time. Most of my days & nights were spent with the laptop or a course book, sometimes both. Now that I am heading back to a better schedule, I’m going to start working on this, including going back to the fitness center with my sissy & starting to train for a 5/k.
5. Dress more girly – I think I’m heading in the right direction with this one. I actually have two skirts for the new school year. I’m not calling this one done yet until I wear at least one of them to the school.
6. Finish my bedroom – Not happening. I said I wanted to finish the finishing touches (pictures & shelves on wall, new bookcase, ceiling repainted & a rug I want to make). My wonderful sister did paint my ceiling as a birthday present. Best. Present. Ever. (so far) It kills my neck to do that. I did cut up the white tees I had for the rug, but I need tons more white shirts (hint, people – send me your old white tees). I’m questioning the bookcase.
7. Finish Oh! Shoot class – Didn’t even work on the first lesson. I really can’t wait to get back into photography again. I love the feeling of walking into a room at someone’s house and seeing a picture I took on display. I don’t think I will ever get used to that feeling.
8. Finish Portraits class - I’ll be getting these classes done soon. Maybe I can get Bean to work through it them with me.
9. Visit a new state – Didn’t happen. We took Emmy to VA Beach for her first trip to the ocean. Well worth not having visited a new state. Was hoping to squeeze in a quick trip to MI or KY. But my weekends are looking pretty busy between now and the b-day.
10. Make a pumpkin pie
11. Take 10,000 pictures – I think I am close to 4,000. Can I squeeze 6,000 pictures into a month. That’s about 200 pictures a day. We’ve got soccer games every Saturday. Football most Friday & Saturdays. Still need to take Emmy’s 3 year old pictures. Have family from out of state visiting next week. They possibly are getting a family picture taken. Plus just general everyday, Project Life pictures. Don’t count me out. It could very well happen.
12. Learn song on my guitar – Emmy discovered my guitar one night and we played around with it…until a string broke. Anyone local know how to string a guitar??
13. Fix supper 2x a week – So did not happen. But with school starting up, I’m planning on doing this. If I do it for a month, it still counts, right??
14. Finish Emmy’s 2nd year book – She is getting this for her birthday tomorrow. It’s crazy how much she has changed!
15. Do Daily December book – While I ended up not having time to do this last December, I decided that getting it ready for this year’s December would count. Well, I’ve decided on how I’m going to do the project and I have a girl who makes this great books that I love. I emailed her to see if she was doing a Christmas one this year and she is! They are not up in the store yet, but I’m going to go ahead and count this baby done.
16. Start Project Life – Done! And not only that, I’m pretty up-to-date on pictures. I don’t have a week completely done yet, but I’m going to work over Labor Day to get the little things I need to do completed. Then I’ll share some things with you.
17. Read 20 books – I started The Hobbit this summer, but I didn’t get it done before it was due back so I’ll be checking it out this fall to finish up. There were a couple books I read for school this summer in their entirety (including the like 1,000 page theology book) but I’m too tired to look up their titles so they’re not making the list (plus, I really don’t want to remember all the work I did this summer).
- I Still Believe
18. Watch 20 movies – This isn’t even counting the couple times I had Twilight and Lord of the Rings marathons. They are my quilting, cutting fabric & painting walls go to movies. And I also watched The Last Song after reading the book, but having already read it, it doesn’t count either. But I am hoping to be one of the first ones to get a hold on The Lucky One at the library so I can watch it soon!
Here’s where the total now stands:
- The Grace Card
- Madea’s Big Happy Family
- Little Fockers
- 12 Dates of Christmas
- Something Borrowed
- Water for Elephants
- Miracle of the Cards
- Crazy Stupid Love
- Breaking Dawn
- The Smurfs
- National Treasure: Book of Secrets
- She’s the Man
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Hangover
- In Time
- Hunger Games
- The Help
- The Way
- Footloose (2011 version)
- The Muppets
- Like Crazy
- A Warrior’s Heart
- Jane Eyre
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
- The Vow
- Footloose (the Kevin Bacon version)
- Soul Surfer
- Good Deeds
- New Year’s Eve
19. Complete 5/K – Not happening, but going to start training after school starts.
20. Try 12 new recipes – I’ve found some great recipes to try this fall. Can’t wait!
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Homemade bread – failed
- Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Fudge – failed
- Homemade Pop Tarts – for Christmas Eve brunch
- Green Monster Spinach Smoothie (it actually is not as bad as it sounds)
- Hawaiian Sweet Roll Ham Sandwiches – for the Super Bowl
- Mexicorn Dip – for the Super Bowl
- Wendy’s Chili – tasted just like Wendy’s chili
- Corn & Potato Chowder – it was ok. I guess I’m not a chowder girl.
21. Daily prayer time – Got my prayer book done and going to build it into my morning routine.
22. Go camping – Didn’t happen…boo! Maybe there is a weekend the Fords could squeeze it in. Or maybe they would haul their camper, set it up, come back and load us up for me & whoever I could get to camp with me. Seriously. I’m not kidding.
23. Make an apple pie – So ready for some more this fall!
24. Sew a skirt – got the material, just need to do it.
25. Build craft armoire
26. Make 10 crafty things – Looks like I’m going to have to squeeze in a few more things.
- Christmas quilt for Maggie
- Christmas quilt for Cooper
- Christmas quilt for Emmy
- Baby blanket for Peyton
- T-shirt for Emmy’s birthday tomorrow
27. Do 10 things I’ve never done before
- Be a gym teacher.
- Cooked pumpkins and then froze the meat.
- Be a music teacher.
- Hair professionally colored.
- Climbed a lighthouse.
- Gave blood (so counts for 2 goals!)
- Went and saw Danette finish Pelotonia ‘12
- Purchased season ticket for high school football (brother is playing)
- Ate at Tlaquepaque.
- Ate asparagus that I planted myself the year before.
28. Mani &/or pedi – not yet and not looking like it will happen.
29. Start living room makeover – Well, I did start it. I painted the walls this great Wild Turkey by Martha Stewart color back in November. I’m going to be putting shelves up and I got a print for fall to frame and display in this room.
30. Be intentional with my time – I think I did ok with this. The summer threw it off a bit, but since I finished my huge paper & final I’ve been spending a lot of time with Emmy. We spent two whole afternoons on the porch.
31. Clean/organize the basement – Bean started this a bit. Now we just need to finish.
32. Clean out the garage – haven’t touched at all though it was discussed. That’s a step closer…lol