I can’t believe how fast this fall went. Between my new job and grad school I just felt like everything flew by. I’m going to be taking some time off grad school at the beginning of the year. I need some time to just chill and work on some things.
10. Make a pumpkin pie – Done! I did this for Thanksgiving with pumpkins that we grew in the garden. It was ok. Not as good as the apple pie. I might try this again.
15. Do Daily December book – Didn’t get done. I started the month taking a few pictures & remembering things I wanted to write down, but grad school work just got in the way. Will try this again next year.
16. Start Project Life – Got the album and stuff bought. Just need to put the page protectors in and I’m ready to go. Very excited to document 2012. I think it is going to be a great year! I’ll try to share my layouts here as I’m going to try to link up at The Mom Creative every week.
#17. Read 20 books – Yeah! I finished the first book in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I’m halfway through LOTR: The Two Towers. I finished the first book with my 4th graders. After the break we are starting on a new book, Among the Hidden. I also bought & read Tim Tebow’s book. It was really good and I’ve since shared it with three other people. It’s great to pass along a great book. I purchased a few of the Grace Chapel Inn books from CBD.com because they were such a good deal and I want to start collecting this series of books (there’s about 40 of them). Well, I think one of them I haven’t read yet so I’m excited to get my hands back on those sisters and their B&B. I’ve also got a couple books I purchased this fall that I haven’t read yet. I also think I’m going to start on The Hunger Games. But I really just want to finished up the LOTR series & The Hobbit this year.
- I Still Believe by Jeremy Camp
- Middle School Ministry Made Easy (for school)
- Courageous (the novel based on the movie)
- Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- 7 Practices of Effective Ministry by Andy Stanley (for school)
- The Castle in the Attic (read w/ my 4th graders)
#18. Watch 20 movies – I’m so excited for Courageous to release next month. I’ve already preordered it. It ended up coming to Zanesville for a couple weeks, but I didn’t make it there. And of course the week that I wanted to go see Breaking Dawn it left the theater. Oh, well. I’ll wait for it on DVD, which should hopefully be in March. I watched the 12 Dates of Christmas on ABC Family. It’s one of the few Christmas movies I actually got to watch this year. Grad school really interfered with that.
- The Grace Card
- Madea’s Big Happy Family
- Little Fockers
- 12 Dates of Christmas
#20. Try 12 new recipes – Got the stuff to make Loaded Baked Potato Soup this week sometime….yummo!
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Homemade bread
- Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Fudge
- Homemade Pop Tarts – for Christmas Eve brunch
#23. Make an apple pie – Done! Man, I’ve been craving another one of these!
#25. Build craft armoire – I have about 85% of it primed. Just need to sand a spot and finish up the priming then it is on to the paint. It is going to be so nice to have all my crafting stuff in one spot & behind doors.
#29. Start living room makeover – I painted my living room during Veteran’s Day weekend. It is Wild Turkey by Martha Stewart (brownish). I love it! I also painted the crown molding as it was in serious need of some help. I’m going to have to get some new lamps now as both of mine were knocked over during painting (only one by me), breaking the bulbs and now one won’t turn on at all and the other is hard. I can’t wait to finish spray painting frames and getting them up on the wall (with some B&W pictures).